Official transcripts are issued by the Registrar’s Office at the signed request of the student. There is a non-refundable fee for each official transcript. Check with the Registrar’s Office for current fees. Transcript fees must be prepaid before official transcripts will be released. Acceptable methods of payment are cash, personal check, money order, VISA, MasterCard, and Discover. Special fees are charged for special handling (Priority, Express, International, fax, etc.).
All accounts with Colorado State University Pueblo must be settled before an official transcript can be issued.
Transcripts are processed as rapidly as possible and are usually issued within five working days from the date the signed request is received in the Registrar’s Office. Students should allow extra time for issuance near the end of term. Due to the processing of grades, transcripts (official or unofficial) for enrolled students will not be released during the week of finals and the following week. CSU Pueblo does not accept e-mail or telephone transcript requests.
How to Order a Transcript
Signed transcript requests should include the following information:
- Student’s full name (including maiden or other name if applicable);
- Student’s current address and phone number;
- Student ID number;
- Date of birth;
- The last term the student was enrolled at CSU Pueblo;
- Instructions on whether the current term grades or degree conferral are to be included (this is important when a transcript is ordered near the end of a term);
- The complete name and address of the agency, school, or individuals to whom transcripts are to be sent;
- The student’s signature (this provides CSU Pueblo with the necessary authorization to release the transcript to the designee); and
- Payment method.
- Transcripts do not include Upward Bound, GED, ACT, SAT, GRE, or college class rank information.
- If someone other than the individual named on the transcript has been authorized to pick-up the document in person, they must provide a signed release from the person named on the transcript.
Faxing of Transcripts
A pre-paid fee is required for an unofficial transcript to be faxed to a destination within the United States; there also is a higher pre-paid fee required for a transcript faxed outside the country. Since faxed transcripts are considered as working (unofficial) documents only, the fax will be followed up by an official (hard copy) version to follow by first class mail within five working days.
Payment of Transcripts
- If payment is to be made by credit card, please provide type (VISA, MasterCard, or Discover), credit card number, expiration date, 3-digit CVV code on back of card, name of card holder, address of card holder, and daytime phone number.
- If the order is for a faxed transcript, the following information is also needed:
- The fax number and name of the person to whose attention the transcript is to be sent.
- The name and address to which the subsequent official, hard copy transcript will be mailed.