Student Financial Services

Financial Aid

Financial aid is a resource for students and parents seeking monetary assistance to help defray the costs of higher education. Eligible students who demonstrate financial need may receive assistance from the federal government and/or the State of Colorado in the form of grants, loans, work study and/or scholarship funds. Students may obtain information from Student Financial Services, Administration Building, Room 212, telephone (719) 549-2753. Students may obtain further financial aid information by logging onto:

The primary responsibility for educational costs resides with the student and the student’s family. Assistance offered through financial aid is intended to supplement the family contribution. Funds are awarded on a first-come, first-served, need basis.

Financial Aid Application Steps

  1. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1. Students may apply online at The CSU-Pueblo school code is: 001365
  2. Complete the CSU-Pueblo Scholarship application by March 1. Students may apply online at:
  3. Students can view their application status and other required documents on CSU-Pueblo’s Personal Access to Web Services (PAWS). Once all required information is received, students will receive a financial aid award offer, which can be viewed through the PAWS account.

Students may not receive financial aid if they are:

  1. Not enrolled in a degree-seeking program;
  2. On financial aid suspension Satisfactory Academic Progress;
  3. In default on a federal student loan;
  4. Owe money back on a federal student grant or federal loan over aggregate or have not made satisfactory arrangements to repay it; or
  5. Ineligible non-citizens or not permanent residents of the United States.

Student Financial Services Policies

Student Rights and Responsibilities

As a student at CSU-Pueblo you have the right to:

  • Know all the types of financial assistance available to our students, including federal, state, and institutional sources.
  • Change or decline any financial aid awarded.
  • Appeal financial aid eligibility

As a student at CSU-Pueblo you have the responsibility to:

  • Accurately and honestly complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and CSU-Pueblo School Application each year by the priority deadline of March 1st
  • Use financial aid solely for expenses related to attendance at CSU-Pueblo.
  • Be admitted in a degree-seeking program in order to receive financial aid.
  • Maintain at least 6 credit hours of enrollment per semester to receive financial aid.
  • Keep your address updated with Financial Aid.
  • Notify Financial Aid if you are attending two schools at the same time. (You may not receive financial aid at two schools at the same time.)
  • Read and understand the Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy, the Withdrawal Policy, and other general policies related to financial aid.
  • Drop or officially withdraw from CSU-Pueblo if you are unable to attend classes.
  • Report all scholarships that you receive to Financial Aid. (All scholarships are counted as part of your financial aid and may impact other financial aid.)
  • Pay any balance to CSU-Pueblo that is not covered by financial aid.
  • Monitor your CSU-Pueblo e-mail account for important financial aid information.
  • View your balance due, financial aid award, and other individual student information via PAWS.

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP)

As a standard for participating in any federal student aid program, CSU-Pueblo is required by the U.S. Department of Education to apply reasonable standards for measuring whether a student is making progress toward a degree. The state of Colorado also requires that students meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to receive any state-funded student assistance. Both of these requirements are met and apply to CSU-Pueblo institutional financial aid eligibility by measuring student academic performance at the end of each payment period (period of enrollment) against the following qualitative and quantitative standards:

Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA)

2.0 for undergraduate programs, 3.0 for graduate programs.

Completion Percentage (Pace)

At least 67% of all credit hours attempted must have successfully passing grades (all students must complete coursework with successfully passing grades by the end of each period of enrollment or put both current and future financial aid eligibility at risk). Successfully passing grades are S or D- and higher; all others (U, F, W, IN, IP, NC, and repeated coursework – see below) count as unsuccessful credit hours attempted.

Course repetition: Students are allowed to repeat a course and have it count toward enrollment for financial aid eligibility only once. Each attempt at the course, however, will count toward a student’s pace, and all prior attempts with lower grades will count as unsuccessful credit hours attempted. Please note this is specifically in reference to repeating identical coursework at CSU-Pueblo. Credits accepted as transfer credits that may count as equivalent to coursework offered here at CSU-Pueblo do not count as course repetition.

Withdrawals: Withdrawals do not affect a student’s cumulative GPA for SAP, but count as credit hours attempted toward both pace and maximum time frame. Please note that a withdrawal (grade of “W”) has great distinction from courses which are simply dropped (no grade and no record of attempt).

Unofficial Withdrawals: Students who do not earn passing grades for the period of enrollment (the grade point average for the period of enrollment is 0.00)  are placed on Financial Aid Suspension without warning period (see Evaluation below for more details on Student Financial Services Suspension, unless cumulative SAP standards are met.

Incompletes: At the time of evaluation (the end of each period of enrollment), Incompletes (grade of “IN”) do not affect a student’s cumulative GPA for SAP, but count as credit hours attempted toward both pace and maximum time frame. Students with grades of Incomplete which become new letter grades prior to or during a subsequent period of enrollment and that may affect financial aid eligibility for that period of enrollment can contact Financial Aid for further evaluation.

Transfer credits: Transfer credits do not count toward a student’s cumulative GPA for SAP, but do count as both attempted and completed credit hours (100%) toward pace and maximum time frame.

Maximum Time Frame

Undergraduate students - attempted credit hours may not exceed 150% of the educational program

Graduate students - attempted credit hours may not exceed 100% of the educational program

Note that both Pace and Maximum time frame are measured in credit hours only, regardless of full time or part time attendance.

All students enrolled at CSU-Pueblo are evaluated for SAP at the end of each period of enrollment, after the Registrar’s Office has released official grades. Students can find their SAP status within the Financial Aid menu on PAWS. Listed here you will find each status and definition:

  • Eligible – Student is eligible for financial aid. This category may include students with no SAP issue at all, students who have appealed successfully and have successfully completed their Probation period of enrollment, students who have successfully completed their Probation period of enrollment and are following their Academic Plan, and students who have met SAP after being Ineligible previously.
  • Warning – Failure to make SAP, but student is financial aid eligible for one more period of enrollment and must make SAP by the end of that period of enrollment or student will be placed on Financial Aid Suspension. Warning status is not appealable.
  • Suspension - Failure to make SAP after a Warning period, but student is eligible to appeal. If the appeal is approved, the student can continue financial aid eligibility for another period of enrollment under a Probation status. Students may also choose not to appeal and attempt to regain financial aid eligibility by meeting SAP while paying out of pocket (without any financial aid).
  • Probation - Failure to make SAP, but appeal is approved and student is financial aid eligible for one more period of enrollment, or possibly more if following required Academic Plan (which may include documentation requirements not directly related to academic performance).

Appeal Procedure

Students may appeal their SAP Suspension online via their PAWS account by selecting the Financial Aid link, SAP tab, or through the SAP Appeal link found on the Student Financial Services Satisfactory Academic Progress policy page. The appeal must explain what extenuating circumstances occurred and a plan for corrective action. Students must also submit any third-party documentation of their extenuating circumstances. Students exceeding maximum timeframe must also provide a graduation plan showing remaining required courses for degree completion. The Financial Aid Committee will review the students appeal and render a decision.  The Committee may ask for additional information or an academic plan.  The Committee’s decision is final.  Students will be notified of the Committee’s decision via their campus email account.  Students who have an appeal approved will generally have one semester to correct their deficiencies, or must meet the requirements set by the academic plan.  Students whose appeals are not approved may regain financial aid eligibility only by meeting the SAP cumulative standards.  Students may appeal SAP suspension twice during the course of their degree completion.

Appeal Deadlines

  • Fall – First Friday of Fall semester
  • Spring – First Friday of Spring semester
  • Summer – Students planning to attend summer courses need to plan for payment of their bill knowing in advance they are aid ineligible and their appeal may not be reviewed or approved until the coming regular semester.

Absolutely no appeals will be reviewed after the first Friday of courses for a given period of enrollment.

Academic Plans

All students who appeal successfully and are subsequently placed on Probation will automatically have a minimum Academic Plan consisting of at least 2.0 GPA and 75% completion rate (3.0 GPA and 100% completion rates for graduate students) within subsequent periods of enrollment. The Financial Aid Committee will further develop Academic Plans for individual students based on the particular situation and content of appeal on a case by case basis. The requirements of these more rigorous plans will be made in writing and signed by the student prior to a subsequent financial aid disbursement, and the Academic Plans will be monitored by the Financial Aid Committee or designee.

Note that the SAP policy differs from CSU-Pueblo’s Good Academic Standing policy (see Catalog), and in particular the difference between an SAP Academic Plan and the Academic Improvement Plan from the Center for Academic Enrichment. The SAP policy reviews both Pace and Maximum time frame, in addition to GPA, and all attempted credit hours are included in reviewing student eligibility, including those excluded by the Registrar’s Office in Academic Renewal situations. These two policies also have separate appeal procedures.

This SAP policy is effective July 1, 2018, and supersedes all other CSU-Pueblo SAP policies published on the web and/or in prior catalogs.


Students, who totally withdraw from the University, for any reason, when it is passed the drop period, must initiate the Official Withdrawal process by contacting the Center for Academic Enrichment. A withdrawal from the University is not considered official until the following three required steps are completed:

  1. Students must obtain an Official Withdrawal Form from the Center for Academic Enrichment.
  2. Students must speak with a Financial Aid Counselor .
  3. Students must speak with student billing to discuss any balance owed or payment arrangements.
  4. Students must turn in the Official Withdrawal Form with all required signatures from the above named offices to the Registrar’s Office to finalize the withdrawal.

This process ensures proper notification of instructors for grading purposes.

Please note that Official Withdrawal will affect the degree completion rate of the student and may affect their eligibility for financial aid. Please review the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP) at:

Students who totally withdraw from the University after the drop period through 60 percent of the semester will have their tuition and fees prorated. A federal formula is used to determine the amount of federal financial aid earned by the student, which will be calculated for students who withdraw within 60 percent of the semester based on the percentage of the semester completed. If the student received less assistance than the amount earned, the student may be able to receive those funds. If the student received more assistance than earned, the excess funds must be returned. The amount of federal financial aid unearned will be deducted from the adjusted tuition and fee amounts credited to the student’s account; however, there may be additional institutional charges that were not covered by federal financial aid and will be reflected in the total amount owed by the student. Students may use the following calculation to estimate the amount of Title IV aid he or she earned prior to the withdrawal date.

# of days student completed1/total # of days in period of enrollment = percentage of aid earned

Students who complete an Official Withdrawal after 60 percent of the period of enrollment will not have their tuition and fees adjusted or the federal financial aid received adjusted. Please note that federal financial aid received may not cover the total amount of institutional charges owed by the students. Students can review their account balance through their PAWS account.

Students who complete Official Withdrawals within 60 percent of the period of enrollment and did not receive federal financial aid will have their tuition and fees prorated based on the day the Official Withdrawal was initiated by the student through the Center for Academic Enrichment.

Students who do not complete the Official Withdrawal process will potentially receive all failing grades on their transcripts and will be required to repay their unearned federal financial aid based on 50 percent of the semester unless their instructor completes and submits to Student Financial Services the Verification of Attendance form proving they were in attendance passed 60 percent of the semester. Total withdrawals will not be processed after the last scheduled class day of the semester.

Students who cease attendance from the University and drop all courses during the drop period will receive a 100 percent tuition refund and will be responsible for repaying all of their financial aid funds received back to the University. Students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid when they have dropped all courses and no longer attend. Please review the Financial Aid Policies for more information.

Last Date of Attendance

The Student Financial Services Office processes federal student aid for CSU-Pueblo students each academic year. As a part of our Program Participation Agreement with the Department of Education (ED), CSU-Pueblo agrees to award these funds in compliance with Title IV regulations.  One of these regulations requires students to meet all eligibility requirements at the time of aid disbursement. This includes student enrollment and participation in all courses for which he/she receives Title IV aid. When a student withdraws from one or all courses during the term or if the student is awarded a non-passing grade (F), as an institution, we are required to document that the student did participate in any or all courses for which he/she received Title IV aid, and to document the last day that the student attended/participated. (Please see section Last Date of Attendance on page 51 for further details.)

Financial Aid Programs


All grants are listed on our webpage:

The following are three common need-based funds.

Federal Pell Grant

The Federal Pell Grant amount is determined by the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) listed on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid and whether the student is enrolled full-time or part-time. Generally, Pell Grants are awarded only to undergraduate students. In some cases, students might receive a Pell Grant for attending a post-baccalaureate teacher certificate program.

Colorado Student Grant (CSG)

Generally the CSG is for full-time undergraduate students and is awarded to Colorado residents on the basis of financial need as determined by the Colorado Commission on Higher Education. Funds are provided by the Colorado General Assembly.

Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The FSEOG is designed to assist undergraduate students with exceptional need, targeted to Federal Pell Grant recipients and other exceptional need students.

Student Employment/Work Study

Work study provides part-time jobs to students. The program provides students with meaningful work experience, preferably related to their academic major. Students may use work study funds to supplement their income and help meet educational expenses. The program is funded by both the federal government and the Colorado General Assembly. The University annually employs approximately 650 students in the Student Employment program.

General Qualifications:

  1. Must be enrolled at the University as a degree-seeking student.
  2. Must be making satisfactory academic progress.
  3. Must enroll in and maintain six (6) credit hours for each term employed.

Colorado Work Study

The Colorado work study program is funded by the Colorado General Assembly. To be eligible, students must be undergraduate Colorado residents.

Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for work study. Students are selected for the program if qualifications are met and if funds are available. Generally students must demonstrate financial need, but the University is allowed to award a portion of the Colorado work study funds to students who have little or no financial need.

Federal Work Study

The federal work study program is funded by the federal government. To be eligible, students must demonstrate financial need.

Students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility for work study. Students are selected for the program if qualifications are met and if funds are available. Students may work on campus or at off-campus community service designated sites and must be enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs.

Student Loans

Prior to any federal education loan being processed by CSU-Pueblo, the applicant must complete the financial aid application process.

Federal Direct Loans

The U.S. Department of Education administers several loan programs designed to offer low-interest funding to students and their parents who need to borrow money to cover the costs of education. Below is a summary of the loans available:

Direct loans are either subsidized or unsubsidized. A subsidized loan is awarded on the basis of financial need. The federal government pays the interest while the student is in school.

An unsubsidized loan is not awarded on the basis of need. Students are charged interest from the time the loan is disbursed until it’s paid in full. If students allow the interest to accrues while  in school or during other periods of nonpayment, it will be capitalized—that is, the interest will be added to the principal amount of the loan, and additional interest will be based on that higher amount.

The Federal Direct Loan Program is intended solely to aid students pursuing a degree in higher education. Students should borrow only the amount they believe is necessary to pay for educational costs. Keeping the amount of a loan at a minimum will ease repayment.

Student Loan Amounts

Federal Direct Loan interest rate is fixed. Borrowers will be notified of interest rate changes throughout the life of the loans.

Annual Loan Limits for Direct Loans
Freshman Undergraduate Student
Dependent: $5,500–only $3,500 may be subsidized
Independent: $9,500–only $3,500 may be subsidized
Sophomore Undergraduate Student
Dependent: $6,500–only $4,500 may be subsidized
Independent: $10,500–only $4,500 may be subsidized
Junior or Senior Undergraduate Student
Dependent: $7,500–only $5,500 may be subsidized
Independent: $12,500–only $5,500 may be subsidized
Maximum Total Debt Allowed Undergraduate Student
Dependent: $31,000–only $23,000 may be subsidized
Independent: $57,500–only $23,000 may be subsidized

Graduate students may borrow up to $20,500 (unsubsidized) each academic year. Aggregate limits are also higher.

Minimum Credit Hours Required To Receive Student Loans

Fall/Spring Semesters
Undergraduate 6 credits
Graduate 5 credit hours

Summer Semester
Undergraduate 6 credits
Graduate 3 credit hours

Federal Direct Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)

PLUS enables parents who do not have an adverse credit history to borrow to pay the education expenses of each child who is a dependent undergraduate student enrolled in at least 6 credits. The interest rate is a fixed rate. Credit checks are conducted by the lender to determine loan approval. If the loan is denied the lender is responsible for notifying the parent (borrower).

The borrower (parent) must begin monthly payments of a Federal Direct (PLUS) loan 60 days after the final disbursement of a loan or borrowers may choose to defer payments until 6 months after the date the student ceases enrollment In at least 6 credit hours.

Exit Counseling

Students who are graduating, totally withdrawing, dropping/withdrawing below 6 credits of enrollment, or otherwise not returning to the University for any reason must complete Exit Counseling if they have ever borrowed any federal loan from any educational institution. Exit Counseling is completed online at (Students seeking information about repayment options, grace periods and consequences of not repaying a student    loan can visit Student Aid on the Web at or contacting their lender).


To be considered for University grant and scholarship aid, students must complete the University Scholarship Application. Also, Student Financial Services administers a number of private scholarships funded by individuals, foundations, agencies, and organizations. All CSU-Pueblo students may apply on-line at our webpage: for institutional scholarships by submitting an institutional application by the March 1 deadline. Recipients are selected by various committees.

Students are encouraged to visit: for more information about scholarship searches or visit Student Financial Services in Administration Building, Room 212.

Impact on Financial Aid

As a direct resource, scholarships are part of the student’s financial aid package. If the student’s financial need is already met at the time of scholarship notification, other aid may be reduced or cancelled or the donor may cancel the scholarship. Pell grants are never reduced as the result of a scholarship.

How Aid is Determined

Financial need is the difference between the Cost of Attendance (COA) and the Expected Family Contribution (EFC). Financial needs can be expressed as an equation:

COA minus EFC equals financial need.

Financial need

For each student, the COA, EFC, and financial need will be different. Financial aid is offered to help the student cover their financial need depending on specific qualifications and available funding.

The Cost of Attendance includes:

  • Tuition & Fees
  • Books & Supplies
  • Room/Board
  • Transportation
  • Medical and Dental Expenses
  • Personal Expenses

The Colorado Commission of Higher Education determines the amount for each budget item. Tuition & fees are based on actual cost, and the other items are adjusted according to whether you live on-campus, off-campus, or with parents.

Please also note that the Cost of Attendance may not be exceeded once all federal, state, University, and private (outside) sources of financial aid has been considered. This includes all loans, grants, scholarships, and federal and/or state work study earnings.

Consortium Agreements

A Consortium Agreement is a signed document by which an individual student is enrolled and receives financial aid at CSU-Pueblo (Home Institution) while taking coursework at another (Host Institution).  Because financial aid is only disbursed by CSU-Pueblo, the agreement allows the student’s enrollment and costs at the Host Institution to count toward total financial aid eligibility. 

Criteria for use:

  • Coursework is transferable and counts toward degree at CSU-Pueblo
  • Student is PELL eligible
  • Student is enrolled in 6 credits at CSU-Pueblo
  • Cannot be used for correspondence or remedial courses
  • Student must provide proof on enrollment at the Host Institution
  • Student is responsible for paying tuition and fees at the Host Institution
  • No CSU-Pueblo financial aid will process or be disbursed until after the drop/add period
  • Consortium agreements must be submitted by the end of the Drop/Add period for the term in which the student is applying


Colorado State University Pueblo Military and Veteran Success Center (MVSC), located in OSC 114, telephone (719) 549-2910, assists all students to reach their educational goals while serving our country as well as those who have served transition to new opportunities in completion of educational goals. The MVSC is here to assist veterans, active duty and their families on educational benefits, advising, tutoring, mentoring, financial assistance, and career planning as it relates to military education benefits.

The MVSC serves as the intermediary between students and the Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA).  All students utilizing VA education benefits:  Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 36, 1606, and 1607 are required to contact the MVSC.  All students utilizing VA education benefits must submit a current schedule every semester for certification.

Military Tuition Assistance

The process for utilizing military tuition assistance (TA) varies per branch. If assistance is needed in utilizing TA contact at the MVSC or your base education center before starting the semester. First time users must attend brief through their prospective education services office/officer to begin using benefits. For more information, please visit the MVSC website:, call (719) 549-2910 or email


The MVSC can provide students information on various scholarships for veterans, active-duty, National Guard and Reserve, and family members. 


VA work-study employment is available to any VA education recipient who is enrolled at three-quarter time or more.  Students may obtain employment at any VA approved facility.  Interested students should contact the MVSC .

Last Date of Attendance

The Military and Veteran Success Center processes VA benefits for CSU-Pueblo students each academic year. As part of regulation (Section 21.4203 of Title 38) Subsection (d), the Department of Veterans Affairs requires the institution to determine if a student is eligible to receive VA benefits.  This regulation requires students to meet all eligibility requirements. This includes student enrollment and participation in all courses for which he/she has been certified for. When a student withdraws from one or all courses during the term or if the student is awarded a non-passing grade (F), as an institution, we are required to document that the student did participate in any or all courses for which he/she received VA Benefits, and to document the last day that the student attended/participated. (Please see section Last Date of Attendance on page 51 for further details.)

Veterans Resource Center (VRC)

The VRC’s mission is to streamline the military to civilian transition and increase student veteran success at CSU-Pueblo. The VRC offers a wide range of programs an incentives for all veterans, active duty, and benefit drawing dependents including: peer based mentoring, faculty based mentoring, veteran to veteran tutorting, veteran based tours and orientation, free text book library, full kitchen with free coffee, PC use, printing and big screen TV. Contact us at (719) 549-2910 or email:

Bureau of Indian Affairs

Students, who identify as American Indian, Eskimo or Aleut, and are recognized by a tribal group served by the Bureau of Indian Affairs, may apply for a BIA grant. The amount awarded is based on financial need and availability of funds from the area agency. For additional information, write to: Scholarship Office, U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Indian Affairs, P.O. Box 370, New Town, ND 58763 or visit with your tribal groups Educational Advisors.


Student billing is a resource for students and parents seeking information on tuition and fees, payment due dates, COF, tuition appeals, request for refunds, third party, and 1098-T’s. Students may obtain information from Student Financial Services in the Administration Building, Room 212 or by calling 719-549-2181 or 549-2178. You may also email student billing:

Tuition and Fees

Tuition and fee rates are on-line at 

Tuition rates are established by the Board of Governors of the Colorado State University System following budget action of the Colorado General Assembly. The Board of Governors normally acts on tuition and fee (course, program, and department) charges at a meeting prior to the start of the academic year. The Student Fee Governing Board (SFGB) is the body at Colorado State University-Pueblo responsible for recommending Permanent Student Purpose Fees (mandatory fees). There may be other fees associated with a student enrolled at the University. All fees and charges are subject to change. Go to your TWOLF Student Portal and then log into PAWS to view billing information.

Payment Due Dates

Student Balance is due in full on the specified date of each semester. Any remaining balance after the  payment due date will be accessed a 1.5% finance charge each month.  The finance charges will appear in the students PAWS account as an Extended Payment Plan Charge (EPPC).  EPPC’s assessed will not be removed for pending private scholarships that have not been received by the university.   Visit the Billing web page and/or call Student Financial Services for more information. Student-Billing/index.html.

To view your bill: access your Student Paws/Billing Page.

College Opportunity Fund

The College Opportunity Fund (COF), created by the Colorado Legislature, provides a stipend to eligible undergraduate students. The stipend pays a portion of your total in-state tuition when you attend a Colorado public institution or a participating private institution. Eligible undergraduate students must apply at, be admitted and enrolled at a participating institution. Both new and continuing students are eligible for the stipend. Qualifying students may use the stipend for eligible undergraduate classes. The stipend is paid on a per credit hour basis to the institution at which the student is enrolled. The credit-hour amount will be set annually by the General Assembly. Basic skills courses are not covered by COF. If COF tasks are not completed by the end of the semester, students will be responsible for payment of the COF portion as well as the student share.

To be eligible for COF students must not only be a Colorado resident and pursuing an undergraduate degree but must also apply, be admitted, enrolled and authorize the University to use COF through the student PAWS account.  Students pursuing a second bachelor’s degree (Degree Plus) may also be eligible for COF and should contact Student Financial Services for more information. 

Delinquent Student Accounts

Students are subject to any or all of the following actions if they have a delinquent debt to the University:

  • Inability to view grades
  • Administratively withdrawn
  • Diplomas and transcripts held (official and unofficial)
  • Letters of Completion for graduation withheld
  • Enrollment and degree verification (of National Student Clearinghouse will be restricted)
  • No future course registrations allowed
  • Turned over to a collection agency

Reasonable collection/legal costs will be added to the amount due. Any student who pays with a check that is returned unpaid by his/her bank will be subject to all of the penalties for late payment and also will be charged an additional $25 fee.

Tuition Appeals

The Tuition Appeals Committee will consider requests for adjustment to tuition and fee charges when a student can document extenuating circumstances. Appeals must be made no later than thirty (30) days past the end of the term in question. The Appeals committee meets only once a month. Appeal forms can be obtained by contacting Student Financial Services in the Administration Building. No adjustment/refunds of tuition and fees will be made to a student who is suspended, dismissed or expelled for a breach of discipline.

Third Party

All students who have a designated third party that will be making payment on the student’s account must submit completed forms to the Student Financial Services office before the first payment due date.  Once the proper forms are received, invoicing for all third party sponsors will begin to be processed after the drop/add date.  For further information please contact Student Financial Services.

Request For Refund

Students who have a credit on their account  can request a refund by completing a request for refund form.  Students who want to leave a credit on their account can do so for an upcoming semester.  Once the request for refund form is submitted it will be verified and processed in one to two weeks.  Students can pick up a request for refund from by visiting the Student Financial Services office in Administration building room 212 or by visiting the main CSU-Pueblo website.

Accessing 1098-T

To access your 1098-T tax form please visit the Heartland ECSI website below.  For further questions please contact Student Financial Services.