Student Learning Outcomes
At the conclusion of the minor in cybersecurity program, students will demonstrate:
- The ability to analyze, integrate and synthesize information and cyber security concepts.
- The ability to understand and utilize information. data into methodologies and frameworks to identify cyber security threats and exploits for analysis and resolution.
- The ability to understand appropriate application of cyber security defense (CD) tools, CD techniques, hardware/ software and I.T. safeguards to defend IS systems from cyber exploits, attacks.
- The ability to develop team skills to work effectively on CSU Pueblo cyber team field projects.
- The ability to communicate cyber security issues clearly, in writing and orally to an audience, particularly with regard to the technical analysis of cyber-threat issues, solutions and tactics.
- Understand the best application of Info Security Models, Cyber Sec Planning and Policies to analyze, integrate appropriate cyber security methodologies into viable solutions.
- As a team project members, the ability to develop and communicate Threat-Vulnerability-Asset (TVA) grids and IT solutions for cyber attack and vulnerability risk analysis.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity and Risk Mitigation Strategies and solutions within financial, ethical and cyber Law boundaries.
Specific Program Requirements
|CIS 210||Introduction to Cyber Security||3|
|CIS 250||Introduction to Business Analytics||3|
|CIS 289||Network Concepts||3|
|CIS 315||Linux Fundamentals||3|
|CIS 460||Cyber Security & Defense||3|
|CIS 461||IT Security Risk Management||3|
|CIS 462||Computer Forensics||3|