Non-Degree Students

Students may enroll at Colorado State University Pueblo as a non-degree seeking student in one of the following categories:

Guest Student – No Credit

Applicants who wish to register as a guest (no credit) without degree-seeking status should contact the Office of Admissions for current policies and procedures.

A guest (no credit) student may carry up to 6 hours per term. A guest (no credit) student is ineligible for financial aid. In place of a grade for each course, students receive the symbol NC (no credit) on their transcripts.

Guest Student – For Credit

Guest (for credit) student category is reserved for applicants who wish to enroll in courses without degree-seeking status. Applicants who wish to register as a guest (for credit) student must complete a short application with the Office of Admissions each term that they wish to enroll. Guest (for credit) students are NOT REQUIRED to submit official transcripts, test scores or an application fee; however test scores or a transcript may be required to enroll in certain courses. Tuition and fees are based on the number of credits for which the student  registers and students are INELIGIBLE to receive financial aid. A guest (for credit) student may carry up to 15 hours per semester and may earn a maximum of 30 semester hours while maintaining visiting status. A guest (for credit) student must maintain a 2.000 cumulative grade-point average. Guest (for credit) students who wish to exceed the 30-semester hour maximum must formally apply for admission. For information on Guest (for credit) Student Status for graduate students, see Graduate Programs section in catalog.

High School University Program

Under Colorado’s Concurrent Enrollment and ASCENT Programs, high school students may register for classes at the University based on the availability of existing Concurrent Enrollment and ASCENT agreements. Information on these programs is available in the CSU Pueblo Office of Extended Studies and at participating high schools.

The University also offers a Senior-to-Sophomore (STS) program by agreement with various high school districts. High school students in this program are afforded the opportunity to study in university level courses while remaining in their high school classrooms and are considered unclassified students by the University. Students must submit an application for admission, transcript of their high school record and ACT or SAT scores. Those STS students who are in their senior year are given consideration for admission as regular first-time students for the fall semester following their high school graduation. Students interested in this program are encouraged to seek information from their high school guidance counselor or from the University’s Office of Extended Studies at 719-549-2316.

Senior Citizens

Persons 65 years of age or older, or 62 and retired, may audit courses on a space-available, non-degree student basis without paying tuition. Permission of the instructor is required. A grade of NC (no credit) will be posted.