The Associate of Arts degree is conferred retroactively to undergraduate students who have stopped out within the past 10 years from CSU Pueblo without completion of a bachelors degree. Students must have previously earned at least 70 credits which fulfill these A.A. degree requirements. This retroactive degree program was implemented in response to the Colorado Re-Engaged (CORE) Initiative to enhance employment opportunities for past students through credential award. Student eligibility is determined by the Registrar's office, followed by outreach to eligible students informing them of steps to request degree conferral. This degree is only available for retroactive award. HLC accreditation final approval is pending and is anticipated during the fall 2023 semester.
Specific Admission Requirements
- A minimum of 70 total credits earned with at least 18 credits in residence at CSU Pueblo.
- Student has a CSU Pueblo cumulative GPA of 2.000 or higher. Grades in all courses for degree are C- or higher.
- No more than 14 credits earned in degree-seeking status at a Colorado two-year institution.
- Student has not enrolled in a any college-level credit-bearing courses for at least two consecutive semesters (fall and spring).
- Student was actively enrolled at CSU Pueblo within the 10 years prior to degree award.
- Student has not earned a degree at another institution after leaving CSU Pueblo.
- Student is identified by the Registrar's Office as verified for the credential.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will demonstrate the General Education Learning outcomes.
Students will gain college-level skills and knowledge to support employment and advancement.
Assessment plan will include tracking of patterns of participation upon contact, typical prior majors and course prefix inventory, available placement information, or employment advancement following conferral, etc. for students completing this degree.
Specific Program Requirements
|Rhetoric & Writing I (GT-CO1)
|Choose one of the following:
|Rhetoric & Writing II (GT-CO2)
|Intro Tech Prof Writing GT-CO2
|Intro. Scientific/Medical Writing (GT-CO2)
|Must complete the following General Education content areas:
Humanities Must complete 3 separate courses.
Natural Sciences Must complete 2 lecture courses and associated lab courses.
Social Sciences Must complete 2 separate courses.
200-level or higher courses General Education courses can be used to fulfill this criteria.
A maximum of 6 credits can be used from Physical Education Activity, Workshops, Research, and Sports Participation.
Courses cannot be double counted for credit towards graduation requirements.