The Pack CARES Team is a campus resource dedicated to assisting students, faculty and staff who may be in distress or who may be experiencing challenging or difficult life circumstances. The Pack CARES Team also provides consultation and intervention resources when students exhibit aggressive, concerning, or disruptive behaviors. If you are worried about a CSU Pueblo student who may be struggling or whose behavior is concerning, please submit a Pack CARES Referral by visiting https://www.csupueblo.edu/student-affairs/pack-cares/index.html.
Circumstances that may prompt you submit a Pack CARES referral:
- A student is struggling with a difficult life circumstance or health issue;
- A student is displaying unusual or out-of-character behavior;
- A student is communicating thoughts of harm to self, others or locations;
- A student is experiencing significant loss such as the death of a family member or loss of safe housing;
- A student is missing class for an extended period of time;
- A student is non-responsive to outreach attempts;
- A student is displaying unhealthy or dangerous patterns of behavior;
- A student is experiencing a high level of stress;
- A student is displaying behavior that is disruptive or negatively impacting the classroom or work environment; or
- A student is posting concerning messages on social media.