Students are responsible for following all admission policies and procedures as outlined in the Graduate Programs section of the University catalog.
- Complete application to the nursing program.
- Proof of active, unrestricted Colorado Registered Nurse license or current enrollment in a Colorado Community College or a compact state ADN program
- Residency in a Colorado Nursing Compact State.
- All prerequisites must be passed with a C or better (C- is not acceptable) including statistics, microbiology and chemistry. Students receiving a grade less than C in a nursing prerequisite course are not eligible for admission.
Students can pursue the Nurse Manager & Leader, Master of Science Online Program if the following admission criteria is met:
- Nursing License: Applicants must have Colorado Nursing License or from a compact state in good standing.
- Baccalaureate Degree: Students must have satisfatorily completed a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an institution accredited by a regional accrediation agency or equivalent.
- Grade Point Average: Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA to get accepted into the program.
- Statistics Coursework: Students must have passed at least one undergraduate level statistics course with a grade of C or higher.
- Background Check: Per Colorado Law, the University is required to run a background check on applicant's.
- Immunization Record: Applicants must provide latest record of vaccinations received
- CPR Certification: All students registered in graduate nursing programs are required to provide proof of being CPR Certified.
- Letters of Recommendation: Three letters of recommendation must be submitted from the following areas:
- Professional or Academic
- Letter of Intent: The letter must include brief history of self, reason for pursuing the degree, and plan of how the applicant will manage the program courseload.
- Curriculum Vitae: Candidates must submit a CV in the University-Approved template.
|NSG 688||MS NURSE MANAGER & LEADER PRACTICE CAPSTONE||3.0|
|NSG 594||FIELD EXPERIENCE||2.0|
|NSG 505||BIOSTATISTICS & RESEARCH||3.00|
|NSG 512||RESEARCH & EVIDENCED BASED PRACTICE||3.00|
|NSG 548||HEALTHCARE: ETHICS, LAW & POLICY||3.00|
|NSG 571||HEALTHCARE INFORMATICS||2.00|
|ACCT 510||MANAGERIAL ACCOUNTING||3.0|
|CIS 565||MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS||3.00|
|FIN 530||FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT||3.00|
|MGMT 520||MANAGEMENT OF ORGANIZATIONAL BEHAVIOR||3.00|
|MGMT 540||MANAGING HUMAN RESOURCES||3.00|
|MKTG 540||MARKETING MANAGEMENT||3.00|
The graduate degree will be granted to candidates who meet all of the University catalog requirements plus the following:
- Graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- All courses must be passed with a B or better.
- Completed oral comprehensive exam or directed research or thesis. If choosing to complete a directed research project or thesis you will need to contact the Graduate Nursing Program Coordinator by the end of your second semester or as directed by degree plan.